The Municipal PESO Office is responsible to constitute the national public employment service network that shall be linked to the regional offices of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) for coordination and technical supervision.
|Head of Office||Contact Number||Citizen’s Charter|
To carry our fulfillment and equality of employment opportunities for all, and for this purpose, to strengthen and expand the existing employment facilitation service machinery of the government particularly at the local levels there shall be established in all capital towns of provinces, key cities, and other strategic areas a Public Employment Service Office. Hereinafter referred to as PESO which shall be community – based and maintained largely by the Local Government Units (LGUs), Non Government (NGOs) Community Based Organization (CBOs), Universities and Colleges, Technical and Vocational Institution, as well as those institutionalized by virtue of legislative actions of local government coordination and technical supervision, and to the DOLE central office, to constitute the national employment service network.
Republic Act 8759 signed into law on February 14, 1999. An act institutionalizing the establishment PESO nationwide.
Ensure the prompt, timely and efficient delivery of employment service and provision of information on the other DOLE programs.
- Provide a venue where people could explore simultaneously various employment options and actually seek assistance they prefer;
- Serve as referral & information center for various services and programs of DOLE and other government agencies present in the area;
- Provide clients with adequate information on employment and labor market situation in the area; and
- Network with other PESOs on employment for job exchange purpose.
- Recruitment Assistance Services
- Employability Enhancing Services
- Livelihood Information Advisory
- Special Employment Assistance Services
- Labor Market Information Job Bank